Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Meat Really Murder?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 06:23 AM   #69 (permalink)
The Fascinating Turnip
Moper

My point, as others have said, is that whether or not you decide to be a vegetarian should be a strictly personal decision. It's a matter of taste and principle. You shouldn't force your tastes or principles upon others, and some vegetarians do that. I haven't seen anyone of that persuasion here, and i'm glad.
If I were ever to turn into a vegetarian, it'd be strictly because of the guilt. If i stop eating meat it won't mean that the meat industry is going to cease animal cruelty, but at least I won't be a part of that. Human beings have always eaten meat, and I see no harm in doing so, but genetic manipulation of chicken, for example, bothers me quite a bit. And there are already chicken who are born without any feathers.
I'm sure animals wouldn't have such compassion if they were hungry and we were at the bottom of the food chain, though, we can tell ourselves that if we wish some comfort, but they really couldn't manipulate us genetically and turn our lives into a pointless hell, they don't have that much of an unfair advantage.
To sum this mess up: I really wouldn't mind eating meat at all if I thought the whole meat farming process wasn't so "unfair". A matter of honour? Perhaps. We are animals, animals eat each other, it's the way of life. If you choose not to, that's fine.
The Fascinating Turnip is offline   Reply With Quote