Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Meat Really Murder?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 05:27 PM   #86 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Humans eat meat and will continue to eat meat. That's an indisputable fact but because there are so many of us on the planet, the methods of keeping up with this demand means that it is left to others to supply our meat instead of us hunting ourselves which means that it becomes an industry that we have no control over anymore.

I eat meat but I certainly try to eat organic and/or free range whenever possible to at least give a living animal a life that they deserve. It's still ridiculously hypocritical to feel this way when I should be of the opinion that the meat I eat should be killed by myself and cause the least amount of suffering.

The natural order of the food chain is kill or be killed and that cannot be changed due to the evolution of the world but as the most intelligent species on the planet we are grossly negligent of retaining natures equilibrium due to the massive amount of meat that we eat which leads to an accepted ignorance to where our food comes from and how it gets to our plate.

Even if 1/5 of the world's population became vegetarian it still would not change the way animals are farmed and slaughtered because demand equals money and money is king, certainly in the western world.

The little man can rarely defeat the big man no matter how hard we try or hope to try. We can only make individual choices such as eating only free range meat to at least make world suppliers create better environments for animals to live in.

I came across this video a few weeks ago and it certainly makes for disturbing viewing.

Meat.org | The Website the Meat Industry Doesn't Want You to See

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote