Music Banter - View Single Post - my bassist doesn't get it
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 09:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguru333 View Post
ok so my bassist and I write all the songs. hes an amazing bassist, hes good at keyboard, and a great song writer, but he has no life. So as a result all his songs are meaningless to him and he doesn't really care and doesn't know what its like to really look deep and feel the bond and the power you have with w/e instrument ur playing and using the power to write a meaningfull song. Me on the other hand, i do have a life and i write all my stuff about real things, and there good songs. some are really good, but he makes fun of lyrics he doesn't get, and there not even that dumb, for example one line which is probably the "funniest" but it really isn't is "your a fish already caught, that doesn't make me distraught" and he thinks its dumb i say the word "fish". if anyone has gone through crap like this please give advise, cause i really do apreciate his opinion, no matter how crude and anoying it may be, but his below the belt jabs at my songs make the rest of the band think there dumb too, and then they go from being works of art into hearless notes.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote