Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Meat Really Murder?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 11:39 PM   #106 (permalink)
Blue
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by noise View Post
the act of reproduction is far older than the idea of rape.

but more to the point, humans evolved as omnivores. i doubt a single homo habilis ever passed up a juicy slab of fire-roasted auroch while citing some whimsical complaint about the righteousness of not eating meat.

who are we to pass judgment upon the world as it existed long before we came along?
I don't think anyone was passing judgement on those who were around long before we were. I didn't see anyone mention that it's inherently wrong to eat meat. Everyone who seemed to oppose seemed to do it because of moral purposes, and just because they didn't consider that ages ago doesn't mean it's foolish to do so now. Things change and lifestyles adapt. It wasn't a business then, and an animal wasn't viewed as some product towards a capitalistic gain; it was there for you to survive. Things have evolved since those times.

Also, in regards to what you said before, the price isn't always the most important thing. I'd much rather not buy a beakless, boneless chicken because it saves me a couple dollars.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote