Music Banter - View Single Post - Playa
Thread: Playa
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 08:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
The Fascinating Turnip
Moper

Quote:
Originally Posted by katieBABYbitch View Post

Dont you look at me like you're wa wantin me when you got a girl thats dumb!
Why you flirting with me, when she obiously sees? she was stupid for thinking you #1

(chorus)
See i know you're a player
All these girls wanna hate ya
Im not a machine
I think people haven't seriously grasped the meaning behind this fine work of art, because they're limited to the English language.
I believe what's important in the small excerpt I've quoted, and what most people fail to realise, is that this woman, my friends, is NOT a machine, this I cannot stress enough. So don't be hatin', K?
Also, the sheer genius of certain malapropisms such as "wa wantin me", which stems from the Umbundu dialect used in southern Angola, and the shrewdness of the use of "obiously", which is exactly what that verse was asking for, really turn something normal into a brilliant masterpiece.
One thing that confuses me, though; do you feel he shouldn't look at you like he was wa wantin you because he's got a girlfriend that's dumb, or do you feel that it's dumb of him to look at you like he's wa wantin you because he has a girlfriend?
Also, I agree, she was definitely stupid for thinking him first. (I'd like to get a second opinion, though; because I'm not sure what the fornication that means).
That being said, I'm certainly looking forward to more of this fine poetry from katieBABYbitch.
The Fascinating Turnip is offline   Reply With Quote