Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Members February Compilation
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 05:06 PM   #43 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Birds View Post
i simply don't like them they're extremely exaggerated by their fans. i really don't like the singer's voice, the instrumental side of the music sounds like it was put together without a lot of consideration for the rest of the songs, it sounds pretty generic, really the only thing unique to them is the flute, my dad is obsessed with "aqualung".

don't get mad at me for this post you guy's are the ones who wanted me to explain my dislike towards them
I think the fact that the flute is so prominent in their music and used as a focal point instead of the usual instruments associated with Prog set's them apart a lot and Ian Anderson is a very unique frontman. He also is quintessentially British regarding his tongue in cheek lyrics and eccentricity. I like the fact that Jethro Tull add Folk flourishes in their music means that they are instantly recognisable which is a huge plus to me.

Sure they have made some dud tracks in their time, but which band hasn't in their time. That's it I'm compiling a tull comp!

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote