Music Banter - View Single Post - Need help on my decision....(headphonez)
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 10:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ace
Ad Astra

Default Need help on my decision....(headphonez)

So, I just bought the new Sennheiser RS180 wireless Hi-Fi headphones.
They were pretty pricey. And they are pretty.....but, I'm just not sure about em'.

They work fine, very well, actually.....I just got to thinking that I really need to be able to have a pair of PORTABLE headphones, and not headphones that depend on a base unit as well as themselves, to relay sound. I can always buy an extension cable for the wired phones, but I can't buy a cable for the wireless ones. They do their job, they sound fairly good, but I'm thinking about sending them back in for a refund and getting a cheaper pair of wired ones.

Therein lies the problem....I'm so indecisive, I'm not sure I'll ever find the optimal pair of wired headphones for the best price.
I prefer to think of myself as an audiophile, and the music is definately more important than the features, but I lack the cash to spend HUNDREDS of dollars on headphones. Also, I've heard that open phones produce the best sound, but in my own opinion, I kind of like the Sennheiser HD280's sound when I'm working in studio. They are closed, and they just seem.....closer.
With these new open ones I bought, I have to crank the sound up a bit to hear everything clear.....and clear it is.

So, anyone got any really good suggestions? I don't want to spend more than 250 on them. I spent 299 on these, and that's too much.
I'd like the most frequency response and the best sound out there.
Anyone used some really good ones?

Thanks.
The quicker I can get some suggestions, the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
I think I know much better than you ever will how Mettalica is. I used to play for 2 years in a Mettalica cover band.

Ace is offline   Reply With Quote