Music Banter - View Single Post - Looking for a Music Creator Program.
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 10:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
P A N
DO LIKE YOU.

i use a cracked version of FL Studio9 and Reason4 on a PC platform.
FL is easy to get into, and also to keep learning about. there is a very useful manual included in the package and tonnes of tutorials on the net. i agree with the person who said the sounds that come with it are not the greatest. it does have some pretty powerful vst synths though, ones that i use on a regular basis and to an agreeable end result. it's an incredibly powerful tool really. you can do anything with it. it also comes loaded with incredible effects and a mixer that i think supports 99 channels, each one of which you can run infinite (if your computer has decent power) tracks into. again? that 99-times-infinity.

i use reason for the synths and the strange capability it has to turn the whole rig around so you can see the back and use virtual patch cords to interconnect a nameless number of different synths and effect. it's also very easy to use, so you can get straight to creating. AND, (i think) you could open it inside another program like a vst synth. i haven't done it, but you use rewire to do it.

as far recording anything with a mic or live instruments i'd probably go for protools or garage band. both very simple programs. one comes free with your mac if that's what you have. i use garage band to record my vocal tracks because i don't have an input console for anything of the sort on my PC, and i can just plug right into the mac.

but really, you can download either hacked or demo versions of pretty much any software available and test them out for yourself.

i also HIGHLY RECOMMEND vengeance sound packs and synthetic kits sound packs.

high quality dope, man.
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote