Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 09:38 PM   #10146 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post

Rishloo - Eidolon (2007)

An intriguing independent release I picked up recently; kind of like a Tool being fronted by a more versatile vocalist. Its one of those rare albums with a strong grasp of both the loud and the quiet, and I like that in my metal.

You know I've tried really hard to like that album, but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't convince myself that I wasn't just listening to a mediocre Tool rip off. I kept the album because it really does compliment a Tool mix, but I very rarely listen to it on its own and never bothered to look up anything else by those guys. It also is a good choice if you're driving with people who like metal, but not extreme metal, and want to listen to something other than the usual suspects in alternative metal.

I also downloaded that Have A Nice Life album because your description of it seemed to resonate very well with a writing project I'm working on right now, I'll get back to you with my thoughts on it after I can give it a proper spin.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote