Music Banter - View Single Post - Dear MB Men and Women...
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 10:34 PM   #49 (permalink)
Sansa Stark
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post

or even better, and i'm POSITIVE i'm not the only guy who's had this line of crap thrown at him. 'why don't you open up more? / it's like talking to a wall' which is normally closely followed by 'geez stop whining / grow some balls / i don't want to hear your problems'.

on topic to this discussion the headgames normally follow this route, guy tries to kiss girl 'hey! i'm not just a sex object', ok, guys backs off a bit. then 'what's wrong? don't you like me? don't you think i'm attractive? why aren't you trying to get close to me?'
The first thing I've quoted is something that has frequently blown my mind, that women actually act this way. We females often complain on the woes of womanhood- no respect, objectification etc, but I see that men are also discriminated against if shown any kind of emotion outside of **** YEAH GET THAT PUSSY BRO. I'm guessing this is because from early on the qualities that are supposed to typify the gender are instilled on them early on, boys don't cry,etc etc, what have you. I recall an ex of mine lamenting the fact that he could not "find a girl who wasn't a skank ass" and just cuddle, he also said that "Guys aren't supposed to want to cuddle". The fact that women bitch because a man doesn't open up then think he's not manly for the fact he finally does, just ****ing blows my mind. My first reaction to this is always "Oh ****, he's upset, what can I do to help out" Men also have feelings, along with penises (and wallets lololololololol).

Second thing: I'm glad I never do that, I am horribly socially awkward andcrazy but I love myself enough to not act like those idiots.
Sansa Stark is offline   Reply With Quote