Music Banter - View Single Post - Dear MB Men and Women...
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 12:50 AM   #51 (permalink)
CanwllCorfe
Quiet Man in the Corner

Not all guys are perverted sillyhead! It's actually a funny coincidence because I was introduced to my friend Heather's long, long time friend Art (Arthur). He was in a relationship for only 3 weeks but had to call it quits because the girl wanted sex too much.

[Tangent]It's unfortunate because it seems like what men and women are "supposed to be" in society is thrown at us all the time. I look at the women's magazines while I'm waiting in line and it looks like a guide to try and be a perfect girl.. the men's magazine usually has a half naked woman and articles about eating, politics, music, football, or something else altogether. It's just how it is. I'm not the conventional male.. which is why I struggled a lot in high school with people thinking I was ***. Why? Because I defied the stereotypes set in the media as what the typified male is supposed to be like. I'm sure if I was the quintessential sex hungry, sport loving, beer drinking, male and had unconcern for what I looked like.. then I would have been insanely popular. While women deal with anorexia and confidence issues because it's their "job" to be skinny, beautiful, and have the ability to please a man. It's a sad shame.[/Tangent]

The guy you talked to seems to be doing his job perfectly. As others have said, it's good he was up front with you or else you may have had to find out later. Of course, I'm not saying guys are like this. We're deep, multifaceted, and are just as capable at expressing emotion as women. Hey, wait that's for ***s.

CanwllCorfe is offline   Reply With Quote