Music Banter - View Single Post - Dear MB Men and Women...
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 04:43 AM   #52 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProggyMan View Post
Sadly Pete what you suggest for poor Vanilla is biologically unfeasible.
How come? Why couldn't I be with someone "nerdy" so to speak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevorkian Logic View Post
this is not a personal attack against vanilla at all, but I feel like threads like this is why girls get such bad raps on forums and the internets in general.
I was asking the forum their opinion and I've had some brillant feedback, why would this potentially give me or another girl a bad rap? One thread doesn't define me either, I'm pretty sure most people here have opinions of me by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post

[Tangent]It's unfortunate because it seems like what men and women are "supposed to be" in society is thrown at us all the time. I look at the women's magazines while I'm waiting in line and it looks like a guide to try and be a perfect girl.. the men's magazine usually has a half naked woman and articles about eating, politics, music, football, or something else altogether. It's just how it is. I'm not the conventional male.. which is why I struggled a lot in high school with people thinking I was ***. Why? Because I defied the stereotypes set in the media as what the typified male is supposed to be like. I'm sure if I was the quintessential sex hungry, sport loving, beer drinking, male and had unconcern for what I looked like.. then I would have been insanely popular. While women deal with anorexia and confidence issues because it's their "job" to be skinny, beautiful, and have the ability to please a man. It's a sad shame.[/Tangent]
This has been what I've been thinking, there is a lot of pressure on women to be perfect. Men have expectations but not as much. I think this entire thread has been an interesting debate, it's obviously quite relevant.