Music Banter - View Single Post - NBA thread
Thread: NBA thread
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 06:51 AM   #704 (permalink)
DeadShotKeen
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane of your existence View Post
Here's how I score it

PG Farmar and Fisher v Gibson, West, Williams
I agree that Cavs take this, but dont sleep on Fish. Farmar is also developing into a great player.

SG Vujacic & Kobe v Parker, Green
Lakers win this easily

SF Walton & Morrison v Lebron, Moon
I'm dissapointed in Morrison as a pro. I thought he had a good story. Cavs dominate this pos.

PF
Artest, Odom, Gaffney v Williams, Powe, Verijao
Lakers take this easily. LA is just too big at this position not to dominate, and they D up a lot better.

C
Bynum, Mbenga, Gasol v Shaq, Ilgauskas
Lakers are better here too. Gasol is better than Il, and I'd take Bynum over an aged Shaq any day.
I agree the Lakers starting 5 is better than the Cavs. It's better than any in the league, without a doubt. But we were talking purely about depth so I think you're muddying the waters a bit there by including the big guns on both teams.

As a straight match-up, I like the Lakers offence better, also their inside defence. But the Cavs defend the perimeter better and have more depth. Also whereas the Cavs have improved slightly on last season (with essentially the same team), for the Lakers Artest has been a good addition but Fisher looks half a yard slower at both ends of the court so I put the Lakers back a tiny notch on last year.

So it's very close. But I take the Cavs....just.
DeadShotKeen is offline   Reply With Quote