Music Banter - View Single Post - VEGANGELICA's Collection
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 11:43 AM   #184 (permalink)
t3hplatyz0rz
Music Addict

I just read "Lot", and I think that it was good. I think that in some ways, it's streingths were it's weaknesses. I liked that you made the species ambiguous, but it left me wanting more details about the condition of the creature.

I think that your second song, "Freethinker", was rather interesting. I'm feeling that it has a very negative vibe. I love writing about characters who think negatively, so I'm not saying that's a bad thing.
It can be very hard to write a song about atheism which can have a positive vibe, because it is based on believing in the lack of something, something which is generally considered positive. But that isn't to say that it can't be done. I've always thought that a positive atheistic work would not proprose evidence against god, but instead focus on the achievements of man which have gone against what was considered god's will at the time.
I think that the great thing about this song, though, is that it inspired me to write that. If you are causing discussion, you are succeeding.