Music Banter - View Single Post - Dear MB Men and Women...
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 09:21 AM   #65 (permalink)
Kevorkian Logic
Imperfectly Perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post

I was asking the forum their opinion and I've had some brillant feedback, why would this potentially give me or another girl a bad rap? One thread doesn't define me either, I'm pretty sure most people here have opinions of me by now.

I said this has nothing to do with you personally, because I like you fine. So i'm going to ignore the part when you made this like a personal attack. I personally feel that threads where women pretty much bitch about how hard it is to be a women and date guys (in a majority male forum) is a very typical move by women and only contributes in the way that one gets attention that they are a female.

I feel like the topic is pretty much "what is wrong with me and guys" which is the most ****ing subjective thing ever, because the only way that someone would know what is wrong with you and guys would be to ****ing know how you actually interact, not some internetized version of your perspective of the whole situation.

I just feel like I see this thread on every forum ever, always started by some girl, always responded to by a bunch of guys (often with very bigoted responses, because this is the internet where people can say **** they normally never would), and it just keeps guys from seeing girls as intelligent, productive posters in forums. Just kinda attention whores.

Again, I am not saying I think you are an attention whore or there is anything wrong with your personality. Because I do not believe there is, I just am of the opinion that this type of thread is why girls have such a bad rep on the internet. period.