Music Banter - View Single Post - Ask A Foreigner
Thread: Ask A Foreigner
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 11:51 AM   #92 (permalink)
NSW
Bigger and Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
Crawfish (It's not just food. They're like little red angels of deliciousness)
It's so, so very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I don't know what Sam is talking about. The city I come from originally, Boston, is famous for its baked beans. Beans are pretty common here.
Refried beans for breakfast...it's the only way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouki View Post
I have a question for my european peeps.Im a mexican(but born in the USA),and have a light brown complexion. Will I get lynched if I visit your country? Ive always had this feeling of if I went over there id be treated like crap.Oh and the question is for any european country.Thanks!
I actually also have that same question for my US peeps that live in the south(Mississippi,georgia,etc)
I can't say from experience, but a friend of mine (who happens to be Mexican) was engaged to a Scot and everytime she would go visit him, his grandmother would call her "The Mexican Girl" instead of using her real name...apparently Grandma was slightly off her rocker though, so I'm not sure what that means! lol. But no one ever tried to lynch her.
And, I don't know if your questions for US southerners could be directed to Texans (because apparently we don't like to think of ourselves as being part of the south), but mostly I would say no, you won't get lynched for showing up in town. Especially if you're in a larger city. There are some small towns around Houston like Vidor and Jasper that have been known to be less than friendly to anyone who's not white. Idiots...