Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 12:03 PM   #1426 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers - SNES

Yeah, when I was growing up, of course the Power Rangers was the best f*cking thing ever, a bunch of kids fighting monsters with martial arts moves and giant robots all while wearing brightly colored outfits. So as a kid I had to have everything power rangers related, power rangers action figures, power rangers undies, power rangers bedsheets, power rangers sneakers and baseball caps, I was a power rangers nut.

So of course I had to get the video game, but I only had the Genesis game, which was just a mediocre fighting game where most of the characters were basically the same, and I kinda knew this even as a kid.

I ended up missing out on two really kickass power rangers games, both of them were for the SNES, which I had so there was no excuse not to have them. One of them was a fighting game called Fighting Edition and it's really damn good, I rented it once and tried to own it but never did.

The other is simply titled Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and is somewhat of a cross between a platformer and a beat em up, it's a solid action game from Natsume of Harvest Moon fame, this is the game I SHOULD have owned as a kid instead of the Genesis one.

In each level there are two stages, the first you start off as normal, second stage you morph into your power ranger, just like in the show. You can pick Jason, Zach, Billy, Trini or Kimberly (no Tommy though *sob*) each with different stats and their respective weapons. Some of the famous mosnters make an appearance. And yes you get to use the zords too.

The music is really good, some of it reminds me of Street Fighter II, even the theme song is there, and it sounds almost excactly like in the show, a real showcase of the SNES's advanced sound chip. The graphics are bright and colorful just like the show, though some of the characters look a little weird, Zach looks like freaking Al Jolson, big lips and everything. And the Pink Ranger looks a little... manly.

Overall, worth checking out for fans of the show.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 02-10-2010 at 12:11 PM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote