Music Banter - View Single Post - Ask A Foreigner
Thread: Ask A Foreigner
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 02:00 PM   #100 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Well, not all the time LA's airport, LAX, isn't punctuated with periods nor is their ball club the LA Dodgers.

OK now it's well establish where you come from, my question for you as a foreigner is 'What is the BEST Louisiana Hot Sauce?'

My favorite Louisiana Hot Sauce is Crystal Hot Sauce, out of the 3 million gallons produce a year I'm repsonsible for consuming close to a million gallons a year - no not really I just love the stuff. I was wondering since you come from LA you would be in the know as the best hot suace out there.
Ranked as follows:

#1 Tobasco sauce (and all its different flavors, but the original is the best)
#2 "Louisiana" brand hot sauce (The one with the red dot)
#3-thru-idon'tcare: Everything else.

Tobasco has a long tradition here as being the most popular and most used hot sauce in and around Louisiana. It's made in Avery Island (About 5 or 6 miles away from my house) and even the salt used in the sauce is mined there and the peppers are grown there.

If you haven't tasted it, it's got a lot more kick than typical Louisiana or Crystal hot sauce. It's not as viscous, and has a more tangy flavor (original flavor).
Anyway, it's far better on a larger variety of food than the type of hot sauce you like... although I like that type as well, I just have certain applications for it. Tobasco serves nearly all my needs though.