Music Banter - View Single Post - Ask A Foreigner
Thread: Ask A Foreigner
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 04:35 PM   #112 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberNineDream View Post
Well I was talking about Montreal mainly. I spent 35 days there, and didn't have to speak any word of French. I was speaking Arabic the whole time. There's even a street there called "St. Cathrine", that is now known as "St. Lebanon"... spooky.
It didn't bring me much happiness, as the whole reason of going to a foreign country is to be able to insult people in a language they don't understand. The two times we tried to make fun of people, they turned out to be Lebanese, and started shouting at us in extreme anger.
you get what you deserve for that last part. why go through the hassle of visiting the other side of the world if you just want to spread negativity?

you're also the only person i've ever heard call St. Catherine's Street, St. Lebanon, and one of my co-workers was there last weekend... then again the street is over 11km long and ethnicities tend to congregate. so maybe that's how it felt in the neighborhood you spent most of your time in, but last time i was there (6 years ago) the part of the street i visited didn't look or feel any different than any other time i had visited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote