Music Banter - View Single Post - Looking for a Music Creator Program.
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 05:19 PM   #27 (permalink)
SATCHMO
Al Dente

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Birds View Post
GarageBand actually isn't that bad of a program, although i would NEVER do a final mastering in it. it has some nice basic midi instruments which you can customize to your likings, really the only reason i hear people complaining about it is because of low quality recordings, and most of the time the quality of a recording has more to do with the mic and input value than anything else, it's a very popular tool for people who aren't willing to pay hundreds of dollars on music software. i'll also admit that GarageBand is also better for people who are a tad more minimalist than let's say Sonace.

Agreed. Garageband is exactly what it's meant to be: an entry level simple music creator for people who are basically new to DAWs and aren't really trying to record a studio quality album. It's rudimentary both in GUI and audio quality, but it's also quite versatile.

and the only prominent DAW that I can think of that is exclusive to the windows platform, and doesn't also run beautifully on a Mac is Fruity Loops, but since windows can be run seamlessly on Mac machines via Boot Camp and Parallels, I'm sure there's ways around that.
SATCHMO is offline   Reply With Quote