Music Banter - View Single Post - Looking for a Music Creator Program.
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 11:57 PM   #28 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

The only gripe I have against limited-feature recording software is that you're buying something else by the time you grow out of it.
It just makes more sense to me to buy something that's expandable and capable of covering your current and future needs, even at the expense of user-friendliness. I think a person is far better served expending more effort on a learning curve for a more intense program than to have to switch modes multiple times in different software instead of just building on one.

I think the main consideration in deciding what to use is figuring out what you need now AND what you'll need later. If you don't know how you'll change and evolve, that's fine, but if you stick with it and put your soul into it, I guarantee that you will... so in that context, it's better to get a size too large to grow into than multiple sizes just right for a limited amount of time.

If anything, you'll save yourself from having to learn different workflows, setups, interfaces, layouts... which ALWAYS slow down productivity.