Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 03:50 PM   #10183 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Well, be rest assured guys: Feathergun is a better album than Eidolon; Rishloo noticeably shifted their sound on it towards more spacious territory than before. It'll be impossible for them to ever completely shake the Tool comparisons though, as their vocalist sounds like Maynard when he gets more aggressive.

Also, a few albums I've picked up-

Stevie Wonder - Fulfillingness' First Finale (1974)

Probably Stevie's most underrated classic, and one that I can happily say possesses a wonderfully peculiar mood. However, it never forgets to keep its hooks and textured grooves within arms' reach. Me like much.

Gong - Acid Motherhood (2004)

British Space Rock gods collaborating with the Acid Mothers Temple, Japan's singular most awesome psychedelic-anything band? OMGYES!! Beyond a generic word like "masterpiece" though, I can't think of any particular way to describe the experience of going through this album. Needless to say though, its incomparable to anything else.

Opeth - My Arms Your Hearse (1997)

By some divine luck, I found this at 320 kbps ripped from VINYL of all things, and it does wonders in bringing out the sheer breadth of this prog. death onslaught.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote