Music Banter - View Single Post - Feminism
Thread: Feminism
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 10:27 AM   #44 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Feminism, by definition is something I am all for and something that was drastically needed and in some ways still is to this day. Not every feminist, in my own experience, seems to actually know what feminism is though or understand the concept of it.

If someone calls themselves a feminist and is looking for a universal, worldwide equality between both sexes then thats fine and thats something worth taking a stand for.

If someone calls themselves a feminist and seems to want to reverse the roles entirely then they are completely missing the point and give the word a bad name. I've noticed that a lot of these people are the kind of people that seem so desperate to avoid being seen as conceding any ounce of power on any level at all to a man that they take offense to a man just practicising good manners in ways that have already been touched upon in this thread. If i happen to do something as small as hold a door open for a woman then i expect a thank you, not a load of grief because you don't need anyone to do anything for you at all.

The man hating extremists can all go to hell as far as im concerned.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote