Music Banter - View Single Post - Thoughts on the Zeitgeist Movement
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 10:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
P A N
DO LIKE YOU.

Default Thoughts on the Zeitgeist Movement

the zeitgeist movement, if you don't already know, is basically a revolution happening based on the ideals and ideas of a guy named jacques fresco, a revolution aimed at changing the face of collective consciousness with a sustainable future in mind via EXTREMELY RADICAL CHANGES IN OUR ECONOMIC INFRASTRUCTURE.

mr. fresco believes that we now have the technology to create a world of abundance for all people. and he's launched this campaign not because he/we can, but because he believes we have to.

he bases his argument primarily on the mechanics behind the creation of money, and the fact that we can't just keep filling the system with more dollars because at some point it will bottom out, and money all around the world will be useless.

his answer to the problem is (from what i understand) to create a worldwide RESOURCE-BASED ECONOMY, wherein all people benefit from the gifts of the earth rather than just a select few. wherein the advancement of technology is no longer stifled by one scientist battling another scientist for the nobel... because they would work together in order to solve a problem, rather than pay the rent and ensure their work can continue. the automating of services currently performed by humans would no longer be feared, because the more work we can get machines to do means the more real thinking EVERYONE can do.

it's obviously a huge idea, and i don't want to wreck any good threadversation by investigating all the possibilities/impossibilities within the initial post, so i'm going to stop ranting and post this.

so have att'er. no holds barred, too. if you think it's stupid, you're free to say so! telling us why would be appreciated, and more respectable than one-word comments+absence.

if you haven't seen the doc.s, you should, because you can't disregard something without seeing it from as many angles as possible. there are two of them. zeitgeist the movie, and zeitgeist addendum. they're easy as pie to find online, i just don't have a link handy.

so please, DO DISCUSS. i'm sure this will be an interesting thread.

and again, i know this a touchy topic, so play nice.

EDIT: FEEL FREE TO GO OFF TOPIC! ANYTHING YOU CAN THINK OF! REALLY!

Last edited by P A N; 02-14-2010 at 09:13 AM. Reason: i just thought i should add that part is all.
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote