Music Banter - View Single Post - Bands That Went On Far Too Long..
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 06:26 PM   #20 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

I disagree with RHCP even though their last album was a misstep, I actually hold Callifornication in very high regard and quite liked By The Way.

I do agree about U2 post Atchung Baby and I DEFINETELY agree about The Rolling Stones.

Metallica's last good album IMO was The Black Album, had they ended there they probably wouldn't be as despised as they are now.

I don't agree that Genesis should have ended with Gabriel, I quite like the Collins stuff so IMO they should have called it quits after Invisible Touch.

As for the prog bands, actually I'm always happy to see a prog band still together after so many decades, they're all in their 60s and 70s now, playing clubs that are a thousand times smaller than the arenas they once played, it's kinda sad, but also inspiring that they still have the desire to keep making music they love even long after their commercial appeal went away. IMO Yes and King Crimson still have some good albums left in them and I'm genuinely excited when they put something new out. I can't say the same for other prog bands but I'm happy they're still around.

I don't really like to say any band should break up though, it's a miracle when any band can stand to work together after so many years and if they still enjoy doing what they do then I'm not in the position so say they should break up just because I dislike their new stuff, I can just easily not buy it, a lot of people will still eat it up so whatever.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 02-14-2010 at 06:40 PM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote