Music Banter - View Single Post - Thoughts on the Zeitgeist Movement
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 10:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
cardboard adolescent
;)

i'm feeling it. paradise is coming, we just need to embrace it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
if you haven't managed to find a source of peace within yourself nothing you find out of yourself will provide it for you. this 'movement' is no different. if you feel like a slave it's because your ego has convinced you that you are.

we already exist in a resource based economy, only we use paper money to reflect the value of said resources. the associated paragraph reads like an idealistic hippie technicolour dream where every 'positive' aspect of a person gets celebrated and everyone is a winner, because that certainly hasn't created a generation of man-children incapable of dealing with legitimate conflict and challenges.

the world is not and will never be a fair place. fairness (and good / bad, right / wrong) is a strictly human concept, the world is not. the sooner you find a way to handle that the easier the rest of your life gets.
there's no inner peace without outer peace...

also, i think because of speculation (that is, because people can "go meta" and "play" at capitalism, by using features of the system itself to generate profits for themselves) we do not live in a resource based economy, our money doesn't just reflect the resources that exist, it also reflects the value we believe they have (that is, our (changing) ideas about the resources) and this generates a tension that can't be resolved inside capitalism.

now, your last sentence is a little confusing. fairness is a human concept, but the world isn't? the world also seems like a human concept to me. i don't see why one shouldn't be applicable to the other. if we crack open our bibles, we find verses in which the promise of paradise involves lions lying down with lambs, and eating hay. now, the transition there from justice in the human world to justice in the animal kingdom seems rather seamless, and simple. and why our notions of order, harmony and resonance couldn't be extended to even things we consider "dead" is beyond me...

Last edited by cardboard adolescent; 02-14-2010 at 10:15 PM.
cardboard adolescent is offline   Reply With Quote