Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Meat Really Murder?
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 10:54 PM   #155 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
When I used to tell servers in restaurants that I don't eat meat, some would sometimes say, "Oh! Do you eat fish or chicken?" Now I explain I'm vegan and I don't eat any flesh, eggs, milk, cheese, gelatin, broth, or fats from animals. I find I have to be very specific because people may not think of cheese as "dairy," or know that gelatin comes from pigs' skins. I do feel more and more people know what vegan means in terms of diet so it is much easier to be vegan now than when I went vegan 10 years ago!

I'm happy to answer questions about veggie issues!
What do (some) Vegetarians have against Milk and Honey, since death isn't invovled in obtaining them?

Should Vegetarians own guitars that have bone nuts; andd/or Mother of Pearl and/or Abalone inlays?

Do Vegetarians eat mushrooms, because fungi are more closely related to animals than to plants?

Should Vegans kill off carnivores like lions, tigers, and bears to stop the cycle of violence in the animal kingdom?

Should Vegetarians own pets? Since cats eat mice, and dogs eat can dog food which contain animal meat.

Could Vegetarians eat chocolate covered ants since an ant isn't technically "animal meat"?

Since most vegetarians have a beef against using animal by products like milk and honey, and Jello gelatin and pudding pops; should vegetarians drink water? Since animals drink water, it is only inevidable they have to urgently pass the water via urination aka yellow liquid animal by-product. The water in the urine re-enters the bio-sphere when it evaporates into the air then into rain clouds or filters through the ground and eventually ends into river. No matter where it goes the animal by-product ends up in our drinking water.

Should Vegans use expressions like "dumb as a fox" or "a snake in the grass," ?? Since such expressions demeans and belittles the animal (or reptile) in the phrase by stereotyping them just to belittle the human as they draw an anaologous trait of thus said animal or reptile - something like that.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote