Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 11:20 AM   #3925 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

1. What do you immediately look for in a partner?
A pulse

2. What are the qualities you look for in a long lasting relationship?
A long lasting what?

3. Has MB turned you into a elitist snob?
No, Life did

4. Women should not drink pints. Discuss.
They can drink whatever the fuck they like as long as they're not vomiting & shouting outside my house at 2am.

5. Do you ever look for music yourself or do you rely on others to point the way?
It's a very personal thing for me. I find it hard to listen to people's recommendations because it's very unlikely someone with suggest something that fits in with my mood in that moment.
Plus I hate carbon copies of a band. If someone gave me a link and said 'Hey check out this band, they remind me of The Fall', my response would pretty much be 'No thanks, If I want something Fall-like i'll listen to The fucking Fall'
So if you suggested an album i should check out and i've listened to it within 2 years of you telling me about it, consider that a bonus.

6. What annoys you most about MB members?
At the end of the year when people make those album of the year threads and post about 60 average/crap indie albums. And then they get all precious with you when you say you can't think of anything offhand that stood out for you and that you're just an elitist snob or closed minded or something.

I think some people feel the need to talk up recent albums just for the sake of it. I'd rather listen to 50 odd years of rock history and listen the best of that than just take the bland stuff the most recent year and make it out to be something that it isn't.
And if it is any good it'll still be talked about the next few years anyway so it's not like i'll miss out.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote