Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Band of the Month
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 05:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
I got Amber based on your recommendation. It is a little hard to get into, but I think the talent these guys have is slowly starting to creep into my brain. I think I will check the other albums you mentioned here if they are so varied. I love it when an electronic artist can release albums with distinct personalities. So many artists can release album after album of electronic music that I really can't even pick apart.
Well I think to the uninitiated, their albums may sound the same to an extent, with a few exceptions that are obviously a different vibe. I would suggest you either get Draft 7.30 or Quaristice next. Draft because I think it's their best, and Quaristice because the songs are much shorter than normal for them and it's almost like a sketchbook of ideas. A bit off-putting to long-time fans but there are a lot of great ideas within that are easier for newcomers to wrap their heads around.