Music Banter - View Single Post - Winter Olympics 2010
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 01:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
pourmeanother
Saaaad Panda

I'm a sucker for all things Winter Olympics. I'm not even ashamed to admit that I watch all of the figure skating (maybe slightly ashamed). My family is into skating. I've watched every event up till now except I missed the Biathlon, which sucks because that's a very entertaining event.

What are your guys' thoughts on the Women's Hockey "controversy"? I think it's bullshiit. Canada and the USA should score less goals, because it's unfair that other nations can't field a competitive team... We chastise a team for winning a hockey game 18-0, but vilify Usain Bolt for slowing down at the end of his 100 race in the Summer games. You can't have it both ways. The Olympics are about winning, and you go out there and you play a 60 minute hockey game. You don't let up. You try to smash records, and you don't worry about other nations' or competitors' 'feelings' if you do. If you can't tell, this issue has sort of struck a chord with me (I realize that 99% of people don't care about Women's Ice Hockey...). Instead of dropping the sport, they should only allow Canada and the United States to qualify- and stop this charade until the other teams catch up.

I'm amped up for this Curling action, and the imminent Canada vs. USA hockey match. U-S-A, U-S-A, U-S-A!!!
And waiting for blah
And hoping you were right about the blahs you made
And then, just when you think you've got the whole blah'd damn thing figured out
And you're surrounded by the ones you blah
Death shows up... anddd blah, blah, blah.
pourmeanother is offline   Reply With Quote