Music Banter - View Single Post - The Explain Why You Like This Album ('cause i don't understand) Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 12:11 PM   #481 (permalink)
TheCunningStunt
love will tear you apart

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
Some things that have been brought up made me think that many times, someone not "getting" an album has to do with their age or simply not being into that type of the music when it was popular. I'm sure that's already been mentioned in the thread we just merged with, and it's something I'm always aware of when someone doesn't get/like an album, myself included.

Obviously that's not the only reason someone wouldn't like something, but it can play a big role.
Spot on, however I believe if an album is good, after a bit of time dedicated to getting into the album, the not being around at the time factor can fade IF the album is actually decent. A few of my favourite albums, at first I just branded them as meh, until I really dug deeper.

When I have a discussion about an album I dislike or don't get, I always hope people who can see something in the album give me an insight, make me see things I didn't previously see.
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote