Music Banter - View Single Post - February Bi-Monthly Themed Comp - Guilty Pleasures!
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 06:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Oh ye gods .. I'll comment on some of those I find embarassing and leave out the rest.
  • My Chemical Romance? Damn, that is pretty awful until you get to the next track.
  • Vanilla Sky's cover of Umbrella is completely pathetic, even compared to the original!
  • The Sound of Animals Fighting is something I actually did find a bit embarassing in that it sounds quite pretentious.
  • Bowling for Soup's Ohio song is painful to listen to and godsdamned awful.
  • Justin's Rock Your Body is slightly embarassing but not as much as ..
  • Lighthouse Family's Lifted is slightly embarassing, perhaps nearly at the same level as Paul McCartney's No More Lonely Nights.
  • Selena Gomez and the Scene's Naturally is embarassing because it's the kind of music I imagine is largely listened to by 12 to 17 year old girls.
  • The Pettit Project - Bloody Hell Good gods
  • Brisk & Trixxy is embarassing because it's mostly listened to by people who spend a lot of time in old, pimped cars with huge homemade stereos who live on junk food bought from gas stations and coka cola. It's bad, but it's so bad that some people listen to that kind of stuff because it's crap (for fun), so that makes it a little less embarassing.
  • Medieval Steel would be embarassing if it wasn't so awesome
  • Relient K to me is just bland pop. Slightly embarassing!
  • Bryan Adams love ballad, hur hur .. It is embarassing of course.

The most embarassing for me must be Bowling for Soup, the Pettit Project or Vanilla Sky. They were all utterly awful and they almost all sound like they could be made by the same band which shows just how bland they are. Well, I think so. I think Vanilla Sky takes the cake this time.

edit :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselboy View Post
Journey - was Storymilo? Don't Stop Believing is a good song.
At least you got one right!

Storymilo, explain yourself please