Music Banter - View Single Post - Who Is Your Music "Hero"?
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2004, 01:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Eltiraaz
Music Addict

Reggae - Bob Marley pioneered you cant top that..

Rap - Jay Z. just huge career wise.. plus hes expanded into having some serious cred. even with rap sceptics like myself

Rock - U2 are unbelievably super-ginormous huge... and I love them.. They may have gone a little more pop in recent years.. but i mean they've had the most unbelievable career. Legends.

Punk - tough. NOFX, Bad Religion and Rancid have both had some pretty unbelievable careers.. but speaking purely from how *I* would model a career I'd pick the Bouncing Souls. some debate whether their *true* punk but you cant deny.. their great.

Hip-Hop - Heros of hip-hop have to be the fugees. honorable mention goes to OutKast

Dance/Electronic - Gigi D'Agostino is a Euro Legend.. but I'd model my career after Paul Oakenfold.. called the most popular Dj in the world, he is a electronica titan..

House - Three words... Bad Boy Bill

Pop - haha frankly none of em.. but since i have to pick one i'll throw in a woman.. Christina Aguilera has had an awesome career.. shes put up with alot of flak from critics and handled it all with skill. Plus some really good song writing. Go XTina.