Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Banter Hall of Fame: Induction Thread 5
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 09:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Bad Brains Abstain, I like them and all, saying they're HoF-ers is like saying they're highly recommendable; if they don't make it in the HoF I might regret not saying yes,

Sonic Youth Yes, kings of alternative tunings for the guitar and sonic soundscapes, The Beatles of Alternative Rock

Bob Marley and the Wailers Yes, He's like Bob Dylan of Reggae with a great funky band

Beastie Boys NO, but because I don't think they're that strong at rapping whether it was a recording or during a live performance seen on video. (I like a few songs)

Buddy Holly Yes, because of his contribution to early Rock and Roll during his all too short career. Buddy Holly along with Elvis, Gene Vincent & The Blue Caps, Eddie Cochran, (to mention a few) help make Rockabilly a wellspring of influential guitar licks for guitarist of guitar bands during the 60's and 70's. He was also influential to The Beatles so subsequentially to bands that they influenced (even though it's indirectly.)

The Notorious B.I.G. Abstain

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote