Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bass thread
Thread: The Bass thread
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 06:57 AM   #216 (permalink)
littleknowitall
Pow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElephantSack View Post
^Yeah, I had the good presence of mind to spend the money I was making at the time on actual worthwhile investments. And I'm glad I bought it when I did, because there's no way I'd be able to afford it again right now.

Yeah, in my opinion, Ampeg is the way to go as far as whatever you want from a bass amp. There's the dudes that go with Nemesis or Eden amps, but I think that's more of a status symbol, just because they cost so ****in' much. I was thinking about getting a Sunn amp for a while, but the guy that repairs our amps for us talked me out of it. He knows his shit, so I took his word for it.
I'd definitely agree on them being a good make I think for me they were too expensive and they're meant to be having a bit of trouble teething into things in their new home base now since they've moved to China so I was told, not meeting up to their reputation as of recent stock. But that could all be bull**** and I'd still swear by anything they've sold in previous years, What sold me with the Hartke is firstly the damn things indestructible, secondly it has a crackin' sound to it unlike the previous Trace and thirdly I could afford it. They're good amps for they're price, I think they're undervalued personally.
littleknowitall is offline   Reply With Quote