Music Banter - View Single Post - Urban's Journal Of Half Assed Ideas
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 11:43 AM   #73 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
DONE! Hah!

The songs made me think three things:
(1) I feel much better about my own guitar playing.
(2) Maybe this is music people like to listen to when they're high?
(3) I wondered why the singers go through the motions of shrieking when they don't really sound so upset. Yesterday I watched a documentary in which a man talked about what happened when his wife died in a car accident while he was driving. He said that when he saw a truck coming into their lane, he screamed, "Oh My God." The narrator asked him how he really said it. So then the man *really* screamed, at the top of his lungs, "OH MY GOD!!!" Now, THAT is screaming. I could feel his pain and I started to cry along with him. My main fault with the Psychic TV songs is that they seem empty of intent and emotion. I did like the growling dog, though.

I'm so proud of you for not only making it to the end but for giving such an entertaining write up of it. You went far beyond the call of duty on this.

However I do feel that before you judge Psychic TV I feel as though I should show you this.
Believe it or not this is the exact same band you just listened to....

So NOW what do you say about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayleigh. View Post
I wouldn't be brave enough to listen to that high. It'd probably send one onto cardiac arrest.
*Makes note*

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote