Music Banter - View Single Post - Have you ever been in a fight?
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 12:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
The Fascinating Turnip
Moper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
33 years and no. Only very minor stuff that couldn't be considered a fight.

I believe in this quote from Fight Club though, "How much can you know about yourself if you've never been in a fight?"

I really don't know my own strength, for one, but it goes beyond that. I feel that I lack confidence in many areas as a result of never having been in a fight. It sounds silly, sure. Maybe others that have been in fights would say that's bull**** and stupid, but they don't know the other side of the argument any more than I know what it's like to be in a fight.

Truly though, I've always been afraid to break someone's face.
I've never really been in a real fight, and so I too feel this issue.

About being afraid to break someone's face, do you mean you're afraid you'll snap and kick someone's ass, or do you mean that you think if you ever were in a real fight you wouldn't punch someone hard in the face, fearing that they would get hurt too much?

The few pseudo fights i've gotten into I just rendered the opponent useless by using my weight to hold them against a wall or restrain them, i've never gone for the whole punching aproach. Thus, I lack some confidence in my punching, I feel if I punch someone straightforward in the face or in the gut, It'll go in slow motion and I'll hurt my wrist instead of the opponent. It's quite odd.
The Fascinating Turnip is offline   Reply With Quote