Music Banter - View Single Post - Have you ever been in a fight?
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 01:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
Both...afraid to cause someone that much harm and also afraid that I'd restrain myself and throw a very ineffective punch for fear of hurting them too much. If I was angry enough to throw a punch though, it would be fear of causing them too much harm.

I've had dreams of punching people over and over and it hardly doing anything to them. It felt like my strength was less than half of what I'd anticipated.
It is common for me to have dreams like that about things I have never attempted. Before I learned to drive, I would have dreams about not being able to control the car. Once I learned those dreams stopped. I think it is the same for dreams about fighting...I've never been in one myself and my dreams (when I have them about fighting) pretty much happen like yours.

Mostly, though...I don't mind that I have never been in a fight. I'm actually proud to know that I've resolved most things that have come at me with logic. I do know, though, that I would back up a friend or defend my family if the time came. That's just something I can feel about myself...so that is enough for me.