Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 05:33 PM   #2303 (permalink)
DeadShotKeen
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveissucide View Post
And watch the Premiership care as the Old Firm caves in on itself and goes bankrupt playing in front of Championship crowds whilst paying Premiership wages.
I don't think we can afford to be so smug as our own league is similarly cartel-ridden and uncompetitive, with the smaller teams vastly over-stretching themselves trying (unsuccessfully) to compete. The product is better, the framework not. The entire structure of European football needs a radical shake-up, starting with salary caps and IMHO horizontal rather than vertical structures, ie a "franchise" system from the top down without promotion/relegation between leagues. Eventually there will be a European Super League at the pinnacle of this with the 4 big English and 2 big Scottish teams in there for me. And it'll be great. Let scummy teams like mine (Hull City) play in a league we can actually win.

Imagine if Liverpool actually get that 4th Champs League spot after all. There'll probably be a tidal wave in Japan caused by the thud as every neutral fan in the country simultaneously dies of boredom.
DeadShotKeen is offline   Reply With Quote