Music Banter - View Single Post - Latest Movie Purchase?
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 08:01 PM   #337 (permalink)
NumberNineDream
Blue Bleezin' Blind Drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Black Poppies View Post
Indeed. It's a pity it got called off right as it was getting interesting again. I dunno if it was necessarily all Lynch (Frost was a major driving force behind the best of the show as well; I'm not sure what his contribution to later episodes was, though)--it just ran out of momentum when they were forced into resolving the central mystery and didn't manage to develop another one quickly enough.

Almost as bad as Carnivale in the respect of ambiguous endings, though. (It's an amazing show--one of the best things I've ever seen on TV--that was meant to have 6 seasons but only lasted two and most certainly does not end properly.)
Frost's role is indeed great, but Lynch was the director of the last episode. I guess that's what made it interesting again. Resolving who killed Laura Palmer in the first season was a real shame though. The producers always ruin everything. They just forced Lynch and Frost to resolve it, still don't know why.
The whole problem was with the shows irregular showings, during the Gulf war I think. Nobody knew when was the show running, so they just assumed it was still as ****ty as it was in middle of the second season.
The special features in the box-set discuss all this period's problems, if you never got it.
Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?

NumberNineDream is offline   Reply With Quote