Music Banter - View Single Post - Latest Movie Purchase?
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 09:05 PM   #339 (permalink)
NumberNineDream
Blue Bleezin' Blind Drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Black Poppies View Post
True, Lynch directed it but (after a check) Frost co-wrote it. I dunno, I always get the urge to defend his contributions to the show cos they seem to get eclipsed by Lynch, since he tends to be the more highly regarded of the pair.

I dunno about the resolving of the mystery; creatively it doesn't make any sense to push into it, but I guess I can understand why it would make executives/marketers nervous. It's interesting to think about how much we take longform/serial television for granted at this point (see for reference: Lost), but back then wasn't it a lot less common outside of soap operas? Add that to stuff like the irregular airings and stuff and you can see why/how too many people got lost in the extended plot. I guess pushing for the resolution was pushing for a more episodic/stand-alone structure, even though it didn't really work out that way.

I have the box but I haven't really combed through a lot of the extras. I watched the whole series in less than a week and kinda got burned out on it and I haven't reinvestigated it yet.
I always felt Frost was more of the co-creator. Always in my subconscious I've had him as the bad guy, as he's one of the network people. Though he always defended Lynch's ideas. I think expending the mystery would've ruined the whole series at the end, but everything would've been better than what was actually filmed. Agent Cooper didn't even appear in some of the episodes.

I think the last disc of the box-set is a must really. I also watched the whole series in less than a week, and this disc was the only way I was able to get some kind of closure. The characters created in Twin Peaks were the most original I've ever seen, which made me ask for more at every time.
Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?

NumberNineDream is offline   Reply With Quote