Music Banter - View Single Post - Have you ever been in a fight?
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 02:36 AM   #26 (permalink)
MAStudent
Music Addict

I usually lost fights when I was younger, because older guys would pick on me and I wouldn't back down.

When I got a little older I could hold my own one on one.

I was in a fight with a group of people on two occasions and lost both times, but both times there were some other sore people the next day besides me.

Being jumped by a group of people and losing twice made me reailze benig athletic wasn't enough to defend myself.

I got a black belt in Hakko Ryu Jujutsu and took some kickboxing and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and for some reason people didn't pick on me anymore. MAybe I was putting off some negative vibe before. Maybe it was my fault. I don't know. But apprently I no longer put that off after training a bit.

I was only in one fight after that:

I had a motorcycle while in physical therapy school. It was my only means of transportation, and I left the ignition on all day at school.

When I got back at the end of the day, my battery was dead.

I walked across the street to where I knew my friend Nina and her friends were having some beers. As I walked across the parking lot, 3 guys and a girl were conversing very loudly and obnoxiously outside the place.

I walked around them on the other side of the lot to the front door. Who knows what they were on.

So I settled in with a 24oz beer to wait for my ride home, and they were ready to leave hour or so later.

As Nina and I walked toward the car, there's the loudmouths, blocking our way to the car. Their hero holds out his hands and says"You cant go this way"

We laugh and just push by to keep on toward the car. This pisses him off, though, and he says"Hey, you pussies, I said you can't go by here"

I look around at the crowd of 20 or so smoking outside, and turn to go get in the car. I need to go sleep, not fight with this tweeker.

He says"You better walk away, you pussy."

I keep walking. Problem behind me, getting further away.

He says a bunch of other stuff, ending with "Thats right you ****ing pussy, you better keep walking if you know whats good for you."

Even as he said it, I was opening the car door, proud of myself that I could ignore this and focus on what I needed to do.(Not the case before I trained)

Nina figured I couldn't take this uch, and decided to go back over toward him and yell at him. "He's trying to walk away, why do you keep bothering him!"

Then the hero decided to back her against the brick wall and lean over her.

Now some talking had turned into a legitemate threat that couldn't be ignored. I walked back over to where they were and said "Look. This is whats going to happen. We're going to get in that car and leave, and you're going to stay here and shut the **** up."

He (ahahaha) proceeded to point his finger at me and look back toward his friends, "This pussy thinks.."

I grabbed him by the wrist in a lock called Koto Gaeshi and slammed his face into the hood of the car we were near.

His other two friends approached me. I retreated into the parking lot where there was more space with my hands up. The first one that got close, I glide stepped in and jabbed his face, knocking him back a little.

The next guy stepped forward and I did the same thing. I couldn't believe it worked just how I practiced it!

They kept steping forward, so I started talking calmy while we proceeded. 'Yo already know how this goes" pop!

"You step forward", one guy would step forward, "The I punch you" and I would jab him in the nose, and he would be knocked back a little.

The next guy would step forward, and I would say "You step up", then "and I punch you" and punch him.

This happened for 6-7 times before, through whatever haze they were on, they realized that the guy they thought was s softie was beating them up and describing it as he did it.

They finally stopped stepping forward, and I said "We all have to leave, right now. The cops have already been called" I didn't know if they had or not, but it made sense.

We al got in our cars and left. Except I busted open my knuckleson my left hand, and I had to go to the health cente the next day for a tetnus shot that cost $47 dollars. I did my best to avoid that fight, but still had to pay $47 dollars.

I felt really good that I tried to avoid it, though, but when it got serious I handled it.
MAStudent is offline   Reply With Quote