Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 10:46 AM   #10322 (permalink)
Petula07
♫ Music 'n' Sun ♫

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiSTANToblivion View Post
Love that Opeth album... my favourite one by them is 'Still Life'

I've always been interested in Riverside but haven't heard any of their stuff. I'll definitely need to check 'em out.
I have more favourite albums by Opeth, Still Life is also one of them together with Damnation, Blackwater Park and Watershed

If you want to start with Riverside, I recommend their first album Out of Myself. It's more catchy than the new one Anno domini. But lot of people say Anno Domini is their best because it's probably LITTLE BIT heavier and it has 5 longer tracks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
Neither of them are particularly "hard" but it's still pretty decent progressive metal if you're driving with grandma.
I agree, Out of Myself is the best start with this band. Out of Myself - Last.fm

But @LoathsomePete... you have probably very open-minded grandma My grandma wouldn't be able to survive one song
Ok, I am girl, I don't need too heavy stuff and I always say they are something like progressive rock/metal and not only metal.