Music Banter - View Single Post - Immortal Technique
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 04:46 PM   #74 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TumorAttitude View Post
You're right, it isn't just a dietary choice, but he totally hit the nail on the head with some vegans being elitist bints. IT eats meat because it tastes good and I guess thats his decision.
Although I gave it up for ethical reasons and preach a bit, I don't think I'm a saint because of it. I don't think its a big deal that I don't eat meat and its not even very hard anymore. I wish less people ate meat or more people ate signifigantly less meat, but eating meat doesn't make them bad people and it doesn't give me the right to harp on them.
Beliefs aside, the song is great.
Oh definitely, Tumor, eating meat doesn't make a person overall "bad." The irony of the song, though, is that Immaculate Deception lashes out at vegetarians, doing the very thing he says he doesn't want them to do to him. For example, he calls them names: "fucking broccoli head" and "malnutrition ass."

What *really* bugs me, though, about this song is when he says, "I'll be damned if I let someone push their agenda on me." (And not just because "someone" is singular and "their" is plural.)

Snort! The man has had an agenda pushed on him his whole life. Watch TV and you are inundated with meat-eating commercials; almost every little baby gets mashed meats stuffed in her mouth; elementary schools offer only meat-entrees...at least in the Midwest (where he's from, I think...Minneapolis?), with only one vegetarian option: a peanut butter sandwich. And, the U.S. government's USDA gives people incorrect nutrition information (failing to inform them that nutritionists advise eliminating red meat almost entirely from the diet). And yet IT is unaware of all the ways his culture *has* pushed the meat-eating agenda on him. That's what bugs me.

As for the music, even if it *were* a pro-vegetarianism song, I still wouldn't like it. It has a very repetitive tune, consisting of 3 notes repeated again and again, like water torture drops plunking on my forehead. And ****, can't he write a song without using a swearword in it?
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 02-20-2010 at 05:00 PM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote