Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official "Music Was So Much Better in the Glorious Days of Yore" Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 01:49 AM   #74 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

^

How can you even use radio airplay as a valid example of what we are talking about? So you should take everything they play on the radio from the past as pure gold? If that were the case, and we can assume today's dj's are playing the good music from those times, then obviously they know what is good from today's music, right?

The whole point I have been trying to make is that great music exists in ALL decades, **** music exists in ALL decades. There are examples in both categories that seem to get remembered. So, in my opinion, I am hearing a lot of **** music on today's radio. I find amazing music coming out today that is played hardly at all on the radio. Radio is dead, in my opinion, though that is a different discussion entirely.

Any band you throw out as an example is based purely on your opinion of those times and can't apply to the rest of us. Music is timeless no matter how you slice it.