Music Banter - View Single Post - Should US Legalize Marijuana?
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 10:31 PM   #294 (permalink)
ElephantSack
Man vs. Wild Turkey

I find it funny how people that live outside the US can have such insightful opinions as to what's best for the US.

In the states, marijuana decriminalization is building momentum. Alaska has already legalized it, states like Colorado, California and Oregon already have widespread distribution of medical marijuana, and the way I see it, marijuana has a good chance of being completely decriminalized in the United States within my lifetime. Maybe not in places like the Southeast and Midwest, but that's to be expected with the traditions that still cling to societal norms in those regions.

That being said, I'm not a pot smoker. I used to smoke at every opportunity, but not anymore. But my experience with it has shown me that it's one of the most harmless drugs in the world. Much less than alcohol and tobacco. So if it works for you, have at it.

In my opinion, I think ecstasy, LSD and cocaine should be legalized and taxed as well. If something like alcohol is readily available to the masses 21+, I don't see why any of these others shouldn't be. And the funny thing is, they were all legal in this country within the past century.