Music Banter - View Single Post - Immortal Technique
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 11:08 AM   #85 (permalink)
Captain Awesome
On A Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
Captain Awesome, I get my nutrition information from a variety of non-vegan, scholarly sources, which state clearly that humans do not need the milk of other species:

Harvard School of Public Health:
Calcium and Milk - What Should You Eat? - The Nutrition Source - Harvard School of Public Health

American Dietetic Association:
Position Paper on Vegetarian Diets
Vegetarian Diets

You are very correct that humans need vitamin D and must take vitamin D supplements if they do not get enough sunlight. I am wondering if you realize dairy products are usually supplemented with synthetic vitamin D?

Well, Immortal Technique's "Beef and Broccoli" song has inspired us to learn about where we each get our information. So, that's something nice about the song!
Supplements are not enough. You can't exhange the real thing for some pill or an alternative, that's just foolish. Like I already said, you would need to consume an incredible amount.

Closed minded vegans like yourself are forcing their children into their way of life and killing them. It's child abuse and I will NEVER condone it.

Ask ANY doctor. They will tell you that nothing is a substitute for dairy when it comes to your childs intake of calcium.

The article you posted from the Harvard School of Public Health suggests alternatives such as bok choy, soy milk and baked beans. What they don't tell you is that a ten year old would need to eat 1.9 litres of bok choy or a litre of baked beans to get the daily recommendation of calcium in comparison to just under 3 glasses of milk.

These "alternatives" are not good enough. Unless of course you're feeding them a litre of baked beans or 1.9 litres of bok choy per day which I highly doubt vegan parents do.

The vegan diet (when forced upon children) is unhealthy and extremely dangerous. Unless your kid is lactose intolerant you better be feeding them some ****ing dairy.

"If we're all merely players in a play on this great stage,
the problem is the script writers ain't on the same page,
I echo through the mountain when I'm singing in the air,
from my lab a lad with lavish lyrics living in his lair."

"Wake up and listen, hear what's not for the public's ears
Pinocchio poets played by profiting puppeteers"
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote