Music Banter - View Single Post - light guitars
Thread: light guitars
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 05:33 PM   #21 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

My only problem with homee is that he's a smart guy but that his way of looking at things is 'Smart guy, but without having taken the time to look at the higher thinkers opinions'

As in, he's taken the correct conclusions from analysis of popular opinions, but he's not aware of academic attitudes to things that he's talking about, where the philosophical and sociological aspects of what he's saying are put under intense scrutiny.

Which in the end, leads to him saying some things that I can only agree with on the basis of understanding that sometimes, the value in a statement is only there in context, not in an empirical way. For example, theres no such thing as an 'authentic' artist. But a lot of genres rely on that concept, like folk. The value isn't in the idea that folk fans have found the truth, but the idea that folk fans common attitude is easily picked apart, but still IS the truth in that context.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote