Music Banter - View Single Post - The Explain Why You Like This Album ('cause i don't understand) Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 05:36 PM   #501 (permalink)
Antonio
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent & Funky View Post

I like 'Airbag', 'Paranoid Android', and 'Electioneering'. Can't stand the rest. Help?
i really liked this album, but i can definately see why someone wouldn't. the songs you mentioned have more energy where alot of other songs seem to flow and sort of float, not in a bad way, imo, but i can see how someone would hate that. but yeah, from what you said on how the songs seem to plod along and don't do anything, and vaguely knowing some of what you listen to as pretty high energy, get-up and go kind of music, it's understandable how this wouldn't strike your fancy.

but yeah, i'd say i like it because of how it flows and the emotion in Thom Yorke's singing. plus some hooks with the instrumentation strike me as subtle and catchy. i'd say a good amount of people worship this cd because of how it came out and sounded like almost nothing at the time, especially from the guys who did "Creep" and were originally seen as a one hit wonder kind of band.

oh, and Airbag's one of my favorite songs too

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote