Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 10:57 PM   #3390 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Black Poppies View Post
Have you heard this?

It's a cover of that entire album that--while not what the original is, of course--is still one of the better tribute records I've heard. They keep a lot of the spirit of the tracks while still making them their own. The take on "Touched" is especially neat.
I have heard of it, but I have not listened to it. I'll have to check it out, you seem to like a lot of the same stuff as me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk View Post
i must confess psychocandy is the only jesus and mary chain i've heard, and i'm pretty much in love with it. My current job is really stressful, and it's the perfect album to just sit and chill to after a long day. Does their sound change much over their later albums, or do they roughly remain the same?
There is a logical progression amongst their albums. There are no other albums that sound like Psychocandy per se...but that is a good thing, trust me. I enjoy Darklands much more than Psychocandy. Darklands is Psychocandy minus the intense feedback they loved for that album plus all the great pop moments x 10. Knowing you like Psychocandy, if you like Darklands then it is safe to say you will like all their stuff pretty much.